Ilianna Olive Oil Doughnuts
1 cup unbleached pastry flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 whole large eggs
3 tablespoons of Ilianna extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons whole milk + 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (or 2 tablespoons buttermilk, if you have it on hand)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Grease doughnut pan with olive oil (even if your pan is non-stick)
2. Combine milk and lemon juice and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
3. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
4. In separate bowl, combine olive oil, eggs, and milk (and lemon juice)
mixture. Whisk together until uniform.
5. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredient mixture and add the wet, folding with a
spatula until just incorporated.
6. Using a piping bag (this makes it much easier) or spoon, carefully distribute
batter into your doughnut pan.
7. Bake donuts for 10-12 minutes or until they lightly spring back when
8. Remove from pan immediately and allow to cool down completely on a rack.
1. Tablespoon of Milk
2. Tablespoon of Melted Butter
3. 1 Cup of Confectionary Sugar
4. ½ teaspoon of Vanilla
Once Doughnuts are cool Drizzle Glaze over the top